NEED HELP !! Error # 3183 - Not enough space on temporary disk.

NEED HELP !! Error # 3183 - Not enough space on temporary disk.

Post by Mosu » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

 I'm transferring a text file (size 250 MB) into SQL using VB DAO.Dynaset

    db.BeginTrans
    ds.Addnew  ..... ds.Update
    db.CommitTrans             (this commit occurs for every 50000 records!)

The size of each record is 70 bytes so the total number of records is around
3.6 million.

However, the process never finish and the error that I get from VB is
    "Error # 3183 was generated by DAO.Dynaset - Not enough space on
temporary disk."

I allocate 1000MB for the SQL database and 300MB for the log, and after that
I still have 1000MB available on D drive where my SQL resides.
NT Server is on the C drive which still has 300MB free space. (The server
has 64Meg RAM)

I don't know whether this is the problem of VB DAO, or SQL, or NT, etc...

Based on the on-line documentation for VB, there are several ways to
increase the amount of available temporary disk space.  I followed every
suggestion except one:

    "If the temporary disk is a RAM disk, increase the amount of available
RAM and the space allocated to the RAM disk, or move it to a fixed disk"

    - How do I know whether the temporary disk is on the RAM?
    - How do I move the temporary disk from RAM to a fixed disk ?

Any ideas and suggestion is really appreciated.  Thank you.