Help - does anyone understand the Data Report Designer?

Help - does anyone understand the Data Report Designer?

Post by John Yage » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 07:19:54

I'm trying to create a report using the Data Report Designer and Data
Environment Designer.  I'm accessing a database through SQL Server and have
created a couple of stored procedures to retrieve the report data.

One procedure retrieves the data that will be displayed in the Detail pane.
The users I'm working for want a group header that comprises the report
number, report name, and the number of recommendations associated with the
report number.

In the Data Environment Designer I've create a command that retrieves the
fields that display in the Detail pane.  But I can't figure out how to add a
child command that relates to the parent command so that I can create the
group header.

Here are my procedures - first is the one that retrieves the main data:

CREATE PROCEDURE ia_get_report_data

                                   -- "L" = pending, less than 1 year
                                     -- "I" = implemented
                                     -- "N" = not implemented
AS

  SELECT * FROM IA_REPORT_VIEW WHERE Status_Code_CH = 'P'

  ORDER BY Division_VC, Department_VC, Report_Number_VC,
Recommendation_Number_TI

  SELECT * FROM IA_REPORT_VIEW WHERE Status_Code_CH = 'P'

  ORDER BY Division_VC, Department_VC, Report_Number_VC,
Recommendation_Number_TI

  SELECT * FROM IA_REPORT_VIEW WHERE Status_Code_CH = 'I'
  ORDER BY Division_VC, Department_VC, Report_Number_VC,
Recommendation_Number_TI

  SELECT * FROM IA_REPORT_VIEW WHERE Status_Code_CH <> 'I'
     AND Status_Code_CH <> 'P'
  ORDER BY Division_VC, Department_VC, Report_Number_VC,
Recommendation_Number_TI

-----

and here's the one that gets the report header:

create procedure ia_get_report_name

as

FROM ia_report_view

Question - how can I create the group header I need?  Is there a way I can
do this in Data Report Designer without having to use the Data Environment
Designer?

Thanks for any help.

1. Data Designer and a Report Designer.

I have a small program that uses a Data Designer and a Report Designer.

Everything works fine, But..

When 2 stations are trying to print (network printer) on the same time the
reports are mish-mashed.

The Data Designer is set to ReadWrite/Deny None.

2. Importing a file

3. Help using Data Report Designer

4. status bar dao/access 97

5. Data Report Designer, help...!

6. Data Report Designer, help me

7. VB6 Data Report Designer - Please help!

8. Anyone know Report Designer

9. ODBC using PDOX data: anyone done it?

10. data report / data environment designers

11. Data Report Designer and Data Environment Problem