Bound Report in Crystal Reports 3.1 pro/VB 3.0

Bound Report in Crystal Reports 3.1 pro/VB 3.0

Post by Joe Abl » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 02:42:01

Hi all,

I have a problem creating a bound report using Crystal Reports 3.1 pro
and Visual Basic 3.0 pro.

What I have done is this:

   1.   Stick data control + crystal control on a form.

   2.   Set DatabaseName, Connect and RecordSource properties on the
        Data control to point to an existing database. I have tried
        setting the RecordSource property to a table name and an
        SQL query with the same (see below!) results.

   3.   Double-click on auto-design entry in the Crystal properties
        window (vb, design view), and generate a report based on the
        data control.

   4.   Load this report into Crystal Reports, so that I can modify it...

   5.   The report has an empty details line, and the --Bound Control--
        database which appears when you select "Insert/Database Field"
        doesn't have any fields associated with it.

Where am I going wrong? Help!

Joe

--

Post by ROSS.BYR » Thu, 12 Jan 1995 07:24:00

>Hi all,

>I have a problem creating a bound report using Crystal Reports 3.1 pro
>and Visual Basic 3.0 pro.

.
.
.
>   5.       The report has an empty details line, and the --Bound Control--
>    database which appears when you select "Insert/Database Field"
>    doesn't have any fields associated with it.

>Where am I going wrong? Help!

>Joe

>--

Joe,

We have had the same problem.  Is your database a secure database?  When we
tried to access a secure access database, we got the same results.  When we
"removed" security, the report was generated correctly.  Hope this helps.

Byron

1. Bound Reports Crystal Reports 4.5 Pro

I have what I hope to be a simple question.  I am using CRW 4.5 Pro
with VB 4.0.  One of the main reasons we purchased CRW was to be able
to easily print the record selection from a data control.  We can't.

The documentation that comes with CRW is confusing.  Both the manuals
and the on-line support several versions.

I have written a search tool for a single Access 2.0 table.  What I'd
like to do is simply print the results of the query, connected to a
data control, to a preformatted report (which _they_ claim you can).

Does anyone have any experience (read: luck) with this?
Thanks in Advance!
/*

   Computing Analyst
   Oak Ridge National Laboratory
   http://www.ornl.gov
*/

2. Year 2000 Problems - Sybase 4.9.x Users

3. Dictionary for Crystal Reports Pro v 3.0

4. TestBase 2.1 Now Available

5. Crystal Reports Problem w/ VB 3.0

6. Importing and exporting

7. VB 3.0 + Access 2.0 + Crystal Reports 4.0

8. PARADOX DATABASE ENGINE

9. Help with Crystal Reports & VB 3.0

10. Crystal Reports and VB 3.0