100% Pure Java DBMS?

Post by Stephen Buc » Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I've seen mention of some 100% Pure Java DBMS products under
development. Does anyone have any information on these? It would be
perfect for cross-platform a product we're developing.

Thanks, Steve

100% Pure Java DBMS?

Post by David Hans » Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I've seen mention of some 100% Pure Java DBMS products under
>development. Does anyone have any information on these? It would be

Visit GemStone at www.gemstone.com and see what they're doing.  They
have Java access to their current Smalltalk-based OODB engine and are
developing a Java-based OODB engine.  They obviously have a lot of
experience in developing VM-based object-oriented DBMS servers -
experience they should be able to leverage in their new Java server.

- David
--
                       David M. Hansen
                       (509) 375-2362

                http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~dhansen/

100% Pure Java DBMS?

Post by Pete Yare » Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I've seen mention of some 100% Pure Java DBMS products under
> development. Does anyone have any information on these? It would be
> perfect for cross-platform a product we're developing.

Check out Harmonia from JB Development (http://www.jbdev.com).  We're
pretty enamored with it!

Pete Yared
JRad Technologies, Inc.

http://www.jrad.com

100% Pure Java DBMS?

Post by Bob Eisne » Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> I've seen mention of some 100% Pure Java DBMS products under
> development. Does anyone have any information on these? It would be
> perfect for cross-platform a product we're developing.

> Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,

Trifox has some products, VORTEXjdbc and VORTEXjava.  They talk
to multiple RDBMS.

VORTEXjdbc provides a JDBC-compliant driver written in pure Java
for Java applications to access all leading relational and legacy
databases via the VORTEX database access and performance boosters,
like VORTEXaccelerator, the industry-leading high performance
transaction process monitor.

You can obtain an evaluation copy of VORTEXjdbc from our WEB site
at http://www.trifox.com/vortex/vtxjdbc.html

VORTEXJava(tm) Edition provides a pure Java connection for
Java (1.0 AND 1.1) applications to access all leading relational
and legacy databases via the VORTEX database access and performance
boosters, like VORTEXaccelerator, the industry-leading high
performance transaction process monitor.

You can obtain an evaluation copy of VORTEXjava from our WEB site
at http://www.trifox.com/vortex/vtxjava.html

The VORTEXserver evaluation for Solaris can also be obtained from
our WEB site at http://www.trifox.com/products/eval_server.html

Regards,

Bob Eisner
408 369-2392

100% Pure Java DBMS?

Post by Miles T. Park » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

[Shameless commerce alert!]

Steve-

j.rad is a complete 100% pure enterprise-class database development
environment. It includes an editor that allows you to reverse
engineer existing databases or create new ones, and to specify
application metadata in a repository, using a straigtforward interface
that includes an ER diagram editor. It is designed to work with
any JDBC driver/Server combination.

It also includes a run-time environment for which you can create
fully functional database applications without programming, including
search, sort, import, export, and replace dialogs, and master,
detail, and master-detail views that can be created with easy to use
wizards.

j.rad will be priced on a per developer seat basis, which means no
run-time license fees, and no end-user deployment costs!

We are currently providing free downloads of our preview release 1a, and
will be offering our 1b release 'very soon now'.

For more information, see our website at:

http://www.jrad.com

or feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

regards,

Miles

JRad Technologies, Inc.         http://www.jrad.com          301.718.0000

: >
: > I've seen mention of some 100% Pure Java DBMS products under
: > development. Does anyone have any information on these? It would be
: > perfect for cross-platform a product we're developing.
: >
: > Thanks, Steve
:
: Hi Steve,
:
[...]

1. 100% Pure Java DBMS

I am looking for a 100% pure Java DBMS.  A relational DBMS would be
preferable, but an object-oriented one would be acceptable.

So far, based on other posts in this newsgroup, I have compiled the
following list.  Any additions would be most appreciated:

http://www.cloudscape.com Cloudscape JBMS
http://www.odi.com               ODI PSE/PSE Pro Java
http://www.jbdev.com           ?? Server does not respond

TIA,

Ben
--
\_}Benjamin A. Goldberger            University of Pennsylvania+

\_}              Computer Science & Philosophy                 +

2. OUTLOOK VB

3. ANNOUNCE: Infospace Ships SpaceOLAP 1.0, the first 100% Pure Java(TM) Web-OLAP Solution

4. FoxPro Mac and DAM/DAL connect

5. 100% Pure Java Database?

6. DataGrid Error-Handler

7. Is ADO for WFC 100% pure Java?