need help on creating installation of MFC DAO application

need help on creating installation of MFC DAO application

Post by Ron Xia » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi, There

I need to create an installation procedure for a simple MFC DAO application.
I have not been able to find the relevant information on VC++6.0 help. I
would appreciate any points and experiences.

Have a nice day.

Ron Xiao

need help on creating installation of MFC DAO application

Post by Thomas Bec » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Ron Xiao schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:>Hi, There

>I need to create an installation procedure for a simple MFC DAO
application.
>I have not been able to find the relevant information on VC++6.0 help. I
>would appreciate any points and experiences.

>Have a nice day.

>Ron Xiao

On Disk of Visual Studio 6.0 is all you need (Path daosdk\redist). But
you're right. It's not documented. Perhaps we all should usu ado as the
master seem's to want.
 Thomas Beck

1. Help needed with MFC dll that uses DAO

Hello,

I am getting a very very strange error.  Here's a little description of
my situation.
I am running NT4 and I have a C dll that calls an MFC dll that uses DAO.

Here is the code in the MFC dll:

extern "C" BOOL EXPORTED_DLL_FUNCTION  GetSetupInfo(  TCHAR *szDBase)
{
AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState());

TCHAR *szData=0;
DWORD cbData=0;
CDaoDatabase QuotaDB;

    /* Construct Connection String */
    cbData=_tcslen(szDBase);
    szData=(TCHAR*)realloc(szData,(cbData+21)*sizeof(TCHAR));
    _tcscpy(szData,_T(";DATABASE="));
    _tcscat(szData,szDBase);
    _tcscat(szData,_T(";PWD=HELLO"));
    QuotaDB.Open(0,FALSE,FALSE,szData);

I keep getting an Unhandled Exception in Test.exe (Kernel32.dll)
0xE06D7363 Microsoft C++ Exception error
after running the last line in the snippet above.

Does anybody have any ideas about this error?

Thanks for any help
Shaun Planiden

2. VC++ 4.2 and DAO

3. How can I use DAO 3.6 in a MFC application

4. Lead Developer

5. Runing DAO DLL in non-MFC application

6. Developer version

7. MFC DAO with a console application

8. date month queries in MSQL

9. Console application and MFC DAO

10. DAO issue with two MFC applications

11. Problem creating new DB with MFC and DAO

12. Create a Link to an ODBC Database with MFC DAO

13. Creating external data source files from within MFC or DAO