need tips on dabase access thro ODBC

Post by Vinee » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

hi friends,

    i am working on a project using access in the backend and VC4.0 in the
frontend... using ODBC..

i am looking 4 help on how to efficiently use strfilter and strsort  ...
where can i find some good help on this , especially examples with syntax..
I havent found any good books dealing with syntax.

Is it any different to program for MDI app's? i have gone thro the enroll
database example on the MSDN CD, but am encountering some errors trying the
same ogic on MDI

Any help will be appreciated..

thanx
Vineet

need tips on dabase access thro ODBC

Post by Ed Fult » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Is it possible for you to retrieve the data already sorted using the order
by option?

Ed

Quote:> hi friends,

>     i am working on a project using access in the backend and VC4.0 in the
> frontend... using ODBC..

> i am looking 4 help on how to efficiently use strfilter and strsort  ...
> where can i find some good help on this , especially examples with
syntax..
> I havent found any good books dealing with syntax.

> Is it any different to program for MDI app's? i have gone thro the enroll
> database example on the MSDN CD, but am encountering some errors trying
the
> same ogic on MDI

> Any help will be appreciated..

> thanx
> Vineet

need tips on dabase access thro ODBC

Post by Charles Steinhard » Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Yes.  Order by ensures that you wil retrieve each record in the order
you requested.

Charles Steinhardt[MVP]
(To Email: remove NO_SPAM_NO from return address)

1. Book on dabases. Recommentation needed

Hello net,

 can anyone recomment a book on databases which covers the following
topics.

 - Implementing buffer management / paging mechanisms
 - Implementing storage of fixed and variable sized objects on pages
 - Implementing access methods (B-Tree, B+-Tree, B*-Tree, Hashfiles, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

--
 Ralf Senftleben                                  private:   +49/30/342 95 14
 Technical University of Berlin                   TU:      +49/30/314 26 86 8

2. IIS and CGI using Interbase

3. Open an Access-File but no Access -- please give some Tips

4. SOUNDEX

5. Need help accessing Access with either native or ODBC drivers

6. Determining what database your connected to in a SP

7. MS Tips Engine Services tips.exe Application Error

8. port in multiple instance

9. JDBC pg_description update needed for CVS tip

10. Need tips on setting up web-pages interacting with SQL database

11. Need Sql Server 2000 performance tuning tips

12. Need help on Custom setup tips for MSDE

13. Need tips on off-line / online app