Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

Post by Enrique G Lug » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I have a small problem, and if you know the answer I would really be
thankful for your help.
I have an access database which is called "Client.mdb"
on a form, I displayed a dbcombox for the costumer's name
a textbox for the address
a textbox for the city
a textbox for the state
and a textbox for the zipcode
on all my textboxes and the dbcombobox I have set their Datasource and
Datafield properties to Data1,
when I run the program the information on the first record of the data shows
on the form,
but what I need to do is, when I change the costumer's name on the
dbcombobox (which displays all of the costumer's names on it) I want the
textboxes to show the address, city, state, and zipcode of the costumer I
have choosen,
Thank you in advance,
Enrique G Lugo

Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

Post by Chedda » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

just findfirst
ie:
with data1.recordset
        .findfirst "name = '" & cbo.text & "'"
end with

> Hi,
> I have a small problem, and if you know the answer I would really be
> thankful for your help.
> I have an access database which is called "Client.mdb"
> on a form, I displayed a dbcombox for the costumer's name
> a textbox for the address
> a textbox for the city
> a textbox for the state
> and a textbox for the zipcode
> on all my textboxes and the dbcombobox I have set their Datasource and
> Datafield properties to Data1,
> when I run the program the information on the first record of the data
shows
> on the form,
> but what I need to do is, when I change the costumer's name on the
> dbcombobox (which displays all of the costumer's names on it) I want the
> textboxes to show the address, city, state, and zipcode of the costumer I
> have choosen,
> Thank you in advance,
> Enrique G Lugo

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

[...]

2. Disk acces

3. help help help help help help help help help

4. First Choice

5. query:HELP! HELP HELP HELP HELP

6. Need help on getting tables lock in SQL server 7.0

7. SQL To ORACLE Help Help Help Help Help

8. ADO Events not firing

9. Help help help help

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP!

11. HELP HELP HELP HELP