maxbase question

Post by leegol » Thu, 10 May 2001 13:17:23

this is proably very easy but I don't know:
I installed the the Java 1.3 plugin then
I installed maxbase on my winNT 4.0 pc.

I tried to open maxbase and it does not open.
I think maybe there are some other things i must do.

any suggestions appreciated.
I realize maxbase is not supported as I noticed the web page
is not avaialable.

Thanks

maxbase question

Post by alexda » Thu, 17 May 2001 17:00:02

how did you "try and open" maxbase? through jdbc? how about some
code snippets?

1. Questions, questions and more questions...

Some of these might sound rather silly, but I cannot seem to find the
answers for these questions.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

1)If you created a several servers on SQL 6.5 and now want to
reorganize them, is it possible to just create the new groups and
drag-and-drop the servers into them, or must they be recreated from
scratch?

do a db dump and when in Transact SQL?

3)If you want to copy 3 out of 7 columns in a table into an ASCII
file, what would be better, BCP or Transfer Manager?

4)In the statement:  DUMP DATABASE SALES TO PAYROLLDUMP
                     DUMP TRANSACTION LOG SALES WITH TRUNCATE ONLY
(I know the syntax is faulty), where is the log dumped to?  Or is it
just cleared?

5)With a database that is marked as suspect after a media failure on a
database device, what should be used?
                -sp_resetstatus
                -recreate the device and use DBCC dbrepair
                -manually remove all entries of the device from the
                        system tables, recreate and restore
                -drop, recreate and restore the db and device

6)"Bad token from SQL server.  Datastream process out of
syncronization."
What does that error mean and what would cause it?

7)When do you back up the msdb?  -after syncronizing a replication db
                                 -after scheduling tasks
                                 -after creating or editing alerts
                                 -after setting up replication tasks
                                        on a distribution server

8)What things can be defined to generate an alert?
        -error severity lvl
        -error number by using RAISEERRROR WITH LOG
        -sql server error number
        -nt server error number

9)Max page locks before a table lock?  200/256/40%/50%

10)If there was a power failure with tempdb in RAM, how is the
masterdb recovered?  Disk Reinit?

11)What can I use to prevent a server from receiving replicated data?
Select into/bulk copy?

Thanks...if there is anyone who can help me with some advice for the
SQL 6.5 admin exam I would really appreciate it.

-Ath

2. ingres deadlock error

3. QUESTION?: Swapping Table :QUESTION?

4. Edit <Long Text>

5. Newbie question... ODBC and SQL server 6.5 Question

6. How to Add a Column to an Existing Table?

7. QUESTION?: Swapping Table :QUESTION?

8. UK IUG Technical Day - Wednesday 30th October

9. xp_sendmail questions (maybe another question)

10. QUESTION?: Swapping Table :QUESTION?

11. question I needd to do a restore with move for databases with filegroups - Synacx Question

12. posted newbie log backup question below (new question)

13. newB question: related tables question