Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality"

Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality"

Post by Darryl Sellwoo » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

We have a program in which the main project interfaces with 4 dlls and 10
user controls, all of them our work with ADO interface to SQL Server. The
program has been running fine on our development computers, but when we made
a setup program recently and tried it on some test computers it wouldn't
run. The errors that occur are Error 429 "Cannot create ActiveX Component",
and also Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this
functionality". Before we compiled the project group, we ticked the "Require
License Key" checkbox in the
project options dialog for all of the user controls. We then used the
Package and Deployment Wizard to create the setup program for the project,
and added the .VBL files in at the appropriate time. A quick check in the
registries of the test machines after installation shows that the license
keys are there, and that the user objects and dlls are registered correctly.

We installed Win95, IE5 and VB6 + SP3 with the project.  The project worked.
For a test  we installed the install package then tried running the program
but it still had the same error.

The VB6Cli.exe was install but it doesnt help, which was suggested in
Q194751 MS Knowledge base.

What are we missing here?

Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality"

Post by Tom Gilme » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

If you haven't already done so, you could try the dependancy checker. On the
VB6 CD, it's located in:

\common\tools\vb\unsupprt\depend

 - Tom

Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality"

Post by Darryl Sellwoo » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

We have a program in which the main project interfaces with 4 dells and 10
user controls, all of them our work. The program has been running fine on
our development computers, but when we made a set-up program recently and
tried it on some test computers it wouldn't run. The errors that occur are
Error 429 "Cannot create ActiveX Component", and also Error 429 "You do not
have an appropriate licence to use this functionality". Before we compiled
the project group, we ticked the "Require License Key" checkbox in the
project options dialog for all of the user controls. We then used the
Package and Deployment Wizard to create the set-up program for the project,
and added the .VAL files in at the appropriate time. A quick check in the
registries of the test machines after installation shows that the license
keys are there, and that the user objects and dells are registered
correctly.

We installed Win, I.E. and VIBE + SPA with the project.  The project worked.
For a test  we installed the install package then tried running the program
but it still had the same error.

The VB6Cli.exe was install but it doesn't help, which was suggested in
Q194751 MS Knowledge base.

What are we missing here? Or is there any work around available?

Also if there is anyone in Adelaide, South Australia who could help us
hands-on, we'd be very interested to hear from you.

Thank you,

Darryl Sellwood

1. Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality".

[...]

2. Error reading and importing text files

3. Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality"

4. Foxpro for Unix (Microsoft 2.6)

5. Run-Time Error 429: You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality

6. Trigger Limit??

7. License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment (Error 429)

8. error 3043 help

9. Having "HAVING" problems with GROUP BY.

10. HELP : "Invalid Paramater", when doing Tquery.Open, seems to not release resources

11. runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object

13. HELP - Error #429 while doing OpenDatabase