Index out of Date Problem

Post by Gopala Raghava » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am using Delphi 3CS with Paradox files and I am facing recurrent
'Index out of Date Problem'. The application involves

* Nearly 70 Tables with 30 memo/ blob files attached to them
* 220 Primary and Secondary index files, all are 'Maintained'.
* the file sizes are at present small and less than 2 MB except for two
or three files.
* I am using standard parameters of BDE INIT.
* I am using all Table components which have been loaded in normal forms

as well as data modules. No SQL is being used.
* The program is operated in multi user mode but is not client server.

Any suggestions as to how to get the indexes to 'stay in date' ?

Thanks

Index out of Date Problem

Post by ar.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

"Index out of date" message can mean one of two
things. Either the index file is corrupted, in
which case you should delete the index and
re-index the table, or the table itself is
corrupted.

Quote:

> I am using Delphi 3CS with Paradox files and I
am facing recurrent
> 'Index out of Date Problem'. The application
involves

> * Nearly 70 Tables with 30 memo/ blob files
attached to them
> * 220 Primary and Secondary index files, all are
'Maintained'.
> * the file sizes are at present small and less

than 2 MB except for two
Quote:> or three files.
> * I am using standard parameters of BDE INIT.
> * I am using all Table components which have

been loaded in normal forms
Quote:

> as well as data modules. No SQL is being used.
> * The program is operated in multi user mode but

is not client server.

Quote:

> Any suggestions as to how to get the indexes to
'stay in date' ?

> Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Problems with Time Outs

I am connecting to an Oracle server via an applet using Oracles JDB thin
client.  No problems there.   However, if I leave the "client"/applet
sitting for x amounf of time, and then try to communicate with the
server, I get a
   java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket

If I test my connection ( (Connection)conn.isClosed() ), it returns a
false (iow, connection still present).  I've tried re-establishing the
connection, but to no avail. Only if I restart/reload the applet will it
reconnect.

   Any suggestions on _what_ exactly is happening and how I can prevent
it?   Thanks.

** snippet from messages window follows **

java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
   at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:382)
   at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTCInBuffer.getByte(TTCInBuffer.java:94)
   at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIMsg.unmarshalSB1(TTIMsg.java:929)
   at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oopen.receive(Oopen.java:109)
   at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.open(TTC7Protocol.java:350)
   at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.<init>(OracleStatement.java:129)
   at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.<init>(OraclePreparedStatement.java:39)
   at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.prepareStatement(OracleConnection.java:137)
   at Cancel.bGetInfo_Clicked(Cancel.java:197)
   at Cancel.handleEvent(Cancel.java:485)
   at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java:1576)
   at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java:1586)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:1468)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:63)

2. pgsql/src/include/libpq (libpq.h pqcomm.h)

3. HELP: Index out of date problem

4. SQL Server to Sybase

5. Help! FPW2.6 Index problem with dates

6. How to capture Oracle Error

8. Info into Class

9. TechTips: Avoiding index-out-of-date and other Delphi(16) problems

10. Paradox Index out of date problem

11. Problems with indexing on dates

12. Network Paradox 5.0 Problem: Index file out of date

13. Index out of date Problem