Adding New Records

Post by Julius Whist » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am creating a telephone book in VB5. I am having 2 tables, 1 for the
names and 1 for the addresses with a 1 to many relationship. When I do an
addnew to the names, I move to a new name record, but if I try and add
addresses, it complains there is not a matching name. However if I move to
another name and then move back, things work. Can you help please?

James White

1. adding new records & new record

 Three things:

1) I have a text box bound to a data control & am trying to update the
recordset on exiting the text box but keep getting "This action cancelled by
an Associated Object (3426)." I have the Article from MS but it doesn't work
(everyone should read this article Q189851; it redefines 'useless') I just
want to update the record when I want to. I guess MS knows when I should
update better than I do, "Would you like to update today?"

2) How can I tell if I'm 'on' a new record?

3) Where can I find good doc's on not using bound controls?

Please & Thanks for any help...

2. HOW CAN I GET A PASSWORD IN MY ACCESS DATABASE?

3. How to add new records in a new database

4. How do I Stop from posting changes to a record? (DBNavigator, onClick ; TTable, BeforePost)

5. FILTER PORTAL RECORDS - DISABLE ADDING NEW RECORDS IN A PORTAL

6. padding records returned for display purposes

7. ADO2.5, can't add new record to an empty table using record binding

8. What Is Going On????

9. deleting records in a table and then adding new records

10. Add New Record and Retrive The ID

11. Problem adding new record to SQL database recordset

12. Add new record to 2 tables

13. all of a sudden, user can't add new records