VB6 DataEnvironment and Oracle *URGENT*

Post by jmcmu.. » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle8 db using VB6 and the Merant
DataDirect drivers for Oracle. I'm having problems getting stored
procedures created in Oracle to come up correctly in the data
environment. If I create a new command, VB6's DE will not see the
Oracle stored procedures. If I use the drag-n-drop features and drag
the sproc from the data view into the data environment, the sproc shows
up fine. I can display properties but the parameter list does not show
up. When I try to change the stored procedure directly, VB6 hangs. If I
try to create a new commmand, I can specify the data connection fine
but when I set the source of data settings (Database Object to Stored
Procedure) and click on the drop down Object Name list, VB6 hangs. Can
anyone shed some light on this? Please post to this newsgroup and if

people.

Jym McMurdo
VB Tools Developer
Onvia.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. VB6 DataEnvironment and Oracle *URGENT*

[...]

2. Better way to write INSERT INTO SELECT

3. VB6 DataEnvironment and Oracle 8

4. Oracle VS MS SQL

5. Urgent: Update Oracle disconnected recordset using ADO 2.6 and VB6

6. calculate a field

7. VB6-SP3 DataEnvironment w/SQL7 ODBC Lags?

8. Working with Related Records

9. Can't access DataEnvironment programmatically in VB6

10. VB6 Dataenvironment Parameters

11. AutoNumber field with ADO/VB6/DataEnvironment

12. OleObjects in Access 2000 from VB6 using dataenvironment

13. VB6's DataEnvironment Window Connection to Oracle8i Not Complete