NetDir Setting

Post by Robb » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

Using D4 C/S P3 & Paradox Tables.

I have a database working over a Win95 network (server is Win95 also)
and I have set the NetDir setting to Z:\Database. I also map this
drive on startup of all PC's.

I have seen many references on this NG for setting the NetDir to:

//ServerName/SharedDir/

Which is better to use?

Many Thanks,

Robbie...

NetDir Setting

Post by Finn Tolderlun » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Using D4 C/S P3 & Paradox Tables.
> I have a database working over a Win95 network (server is Win95 also)
> and I have set the NetDir setting to Z:\Database. I also map this
> drive on startup of all PC's.
> I have seen many references on this NG for setting the NetDir to:
> //ServerName/SharedDir/
> Which is better to use?

The UNC is better.
That way you don't have to worry about which driveletter is used for the
shared directory on the different PC's.

Finn Tolderlund

NetDir Setting

The UNC is better for reliablity but is much slower than mapping a letter.