Return ADO recordset from oracle procedure

Return ADO recordset from oracle procedure

Post by Gabi Io » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:18:44

Hi everybody,

I want to return an ADO recordset from Oracle procedure.
I use Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle 8i.

If i have SQL SERVER the code is like this :

Dim rst as New ADODB.Recorset
Dim cmd as New ADODB.Command
cmd.CommandType=adCmdStoredProc
cmd.CommandText="MySqlServerProc"
Set rst=cmd.Execute

Can I do the same thing in VB with Oracle ?

Thanks,
Gabi

Return ADO recordset from oracle procedure

Post by Geyzerskiy Dmitri » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 02:33:36

Hello!
The syntax is the same if you use REF CURSOR type in
Oracle. See the following article for further explanation:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/0/43.
asp

I hope this helps,
Geyzerskiy Dmitriy.