Accessing reserved definitions!

Post by Liam » Wed, 07 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Just to qualify the previous post, the error occurs when the procedure is
accessed from within the class definition, but externally, the calls go
fine.
--
Liam Dennehy
End-User Support Centre (CSSO)

1. Accessing reserved definitions

Hi

I am in the process of creating a portable class module for various
applications. Basically, it is a replacement-come-enhancement of the data
access objects. In the past, I opened a DB, set a recordset object up to
point to a table, and moved around using standard MoveNext etc commands. If
I wanted to filter the records, ie display only those recorded by a certain
operator, I would have to write the filtering code around every movement.

With the new class, I can open the DB only on the Class_Initialize, not
Form_Load, saving time when it is not used, and use the class's own
MoveNext etc statements to move around with variables attached on to the
ends to define the filters.

This all works very well, and has simplified my life a lot, with one
exception. As I said, my class's procedures and properties are the same as
the data access objects, and can be accessed externally. However, when I
try to call the Movenext procedure with three arguments (as defined), I get
an "Expected: )" after the first variable.

Help?

I know this is a long and confusing message, but I hope someonecan sort
through my logic and help.

Thanx
--
Liam Dennehy
End-User Support Centre (CSSO)
HiPerformance Systems

2. Win95/NT ODBC drivers for mSQL-2

3. ODBC 3.0 API function definitions for Visual Basic or SQLSetEnvAttr definition

4. DAO2516 & C version 1.52

5. Msg 4409: The columns in the query definition and the view definition do not match

6. Mac Graphical Database

7. 4409: The columns in the query definition and the view definition do not match

8. NEED HELP WITH COLLEGE PAPER PLEASE

9. Reserved error in Access 2000

10. Microsoft Access 97 Reserved Error

11. Reserved error (-7776) accessing Oracle DB

12. Informix SDK 2.70 TC3 / MS-Access reserved error -7711

13. Access 2.0 Reserved error Msg. in VB