Converting Access97 form to VB5 Pro form

Converting Access97 form to VB5 Pro form

Post by Sean O'Nei » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm designing a Database program in Visual Basic 5 Pro, and I'd like
to use a form I've already created in Access97.

Is there an easy way to import/export it to use in my Visual Basic
program?

Thanks in advance,
SEAN

please cc: a copy of any replies to me via email,
removing **s from address

Converting Access97 form to VB5 Pro form

Post by Robert Rossne » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm designing a Database program in Visual Basic 5 Pro, and I'd like
> to use a form I've already created in Access97.

> Is there an easy way to import/export it to use in my Visual Basic
> program?

Alas the answer must be no.  Despite appearances, the Form object in Access
is a very different animal from the Form object in VB.  To pick three major
areas of incompatibility, VB doesn't support record selectors or subforms,
and binding a VB form to a data source is accomplished through a separate
control rather than being built in to the Form object.

Bob Rossney