DBGrid won't allow a Col Width of 0

Post by A Perso » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

If you don't want to display a column in a  DBGrid, you have to use the
Remove method because the minimum (from my memory) width of a column is
269.85

I'm using normal Grid controls and filling them manually which is better in
some ways because you have more control over how it looks, but unfortunately
comes with an overhead in that you have to write lots of code, particularly
when "cleaning" the grid on a record change.

Why would you *not*  want to display a column?  Well you might have a
CustomerID field which is used in multiple tables to identify the customer,
and you only want to show that once or your application will look stupid.

So with the rest of the db should *contain* the common field, but not
*display* it on a grid.

Any comments?

1. DTS into table won't allow duplicates

Hi all,
          I have a text file, which contains duplicates but cannot
import these into a table.
          I have tried to simulate this by using the same text file,
using transform data arrow then into a newly created table. It simply
will not allow the duplicate rows into the table. Is there a setting
somewhere Ive missed?
Thanks

2. Cannot start msdb

3. HELP: Foreign key won't allow nulls

4. Attach BOL to Client tools

5. upsized from Access won't allow to add record with null

6. SORTING - PDOXWIN5

7. DTS SQL Task won't allow temp tables

8. Context Option: Is an easy Hit Count by words possible?

9. Security Manager won't allow SA in

10. HELP: Foreign Key won't allow nulls

11. DTS package won't allow saving in Meta Data Services

12. vb won't allow Note field update