Error #429 Problems with RDO connect

Post by Computer Departmen » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have written an application using VB5 Enterprise (SP2) in Windows NT 4
and Crystal Reports 5.
The back-end is MS SQL Server 6.5.  The application was working fine
originally.  However, I had to completely re-install my system (for other
reasons).  After I reinstalled Win NT, VB5 (SP2), SQL Server etc., my
application started getting error #429 ("ActiveX component can't create
object") when using the database.connect command in the IDE.

The msrdo20.dll seems to be registered properly.  The interesting thing is
that the executable that was compiled previously works fine on the same
computer.  I read some kb
articles and they mentioned something about msrdo20.OCX but I don't have
this file anywhere on my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please post responses or remove the
.spam extension on my e-mail.

Thanks,

Dave

Error #429 Problems with RDO connect

Post by cliv » Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Looks to me like the same as "ActiveX Error using RDO".
Cause unknown.