Reportsmith

Post by Reyer » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am using Delphi 2.0 C/S and Reportsmith 3.0

I have to create a portfolio-report. But our customers in Belgium speak
Dutch or French. Now I would like to create one report for both
languages, but depending on the language of the client, Reportsmith has
to alter the layout in the appropriate language.

In my current DOS program I can change the layout by adding a condition
to my textfields.

For example : IF language="French" THEN "Nom" ELSE "Naam".

So I can create a bilangual report.

Is something like this possible in Reportsmith ? (via macros, ...)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jan Didden

Reportsmith

Post by Remco Moe » Sun, 15 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi Jan,

Yes, this is posible. But, why bother? You better create two reports,
one for each language. It is easier, faster to develop, and less
change for bugs. The drawback, however, is the maintaince.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. BTW, i'm Dutch
speaking.

Cheers,

Remco

>I am using Delphi 2.0 C/S and Reportsmith 3.0

>I have to create a portfolio-report. But our customers in Belgium speak
>Dutch or French. Now I would like to create one report for both
>languages, but depending on the language of the client, Reportsmith has
>to alter the layout in the appropriate language.

>In my current DOS program I can change the layout by adding a condition
>to my textfields.

>For example : IF language="French" THEN "Nom" ELSE "Naam".

>So I can create a bilangual report.

>Is something like this possible in Reportsmith ? (via macros, ...)

>Any help would be appreciated.

>Thanks.

>Jan Didden

greetings,
Remco

Reportsmith

Post by f1regi » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi Jan,

I would suggest you make use of the DerivedFields in ReportSmith.
It would look something like this:

Sub Language()
 for CurRecord = 1 to RecordCount
 LangField$ = Field$("Language")
 if LangField$ = "French" then DerivedField "Nom" else DerivedField
"Naam"
 Next CurRecord
End Sub

Insert the DerivedField then on your report.

Regina

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996 11:30:58 +0100, Reyers

>I am using Delphi 2.0 C/S and Reportsmith 3.0

>I have to create a portfolio-report. But our customers in Belgium speak
>Dutch or French. Now I would like to create one report for both
>languages, but depending on the language of the client, Reportsmith has
>to alter the layout in the appropriate language.

>In my current DOS program I can change the layout by adding a condition
>to my textfields.

>For example : IF language="French" THEN "Nom" ELSE "Naam".

>So I can create a bilangual report.

>Is something like this possible in Reportsmith ? (via macros, ...)

>Any help would be appreciated.

>Thanks.

>Jan Didden

1. REPORTSMITH : reportsmith variables

When I make a printout of a report next to information taken from a
database I want the users name and adress to be in the header.
Therefore I`v created reportsmith variables and added them to the header.

I`d like on setting up the programm the user gives his adress etc... in
only once so that it is stored in a file. When he then makes a printout
my application does a report.run action and makes a printout but these
varables should still be typed in.

I tried with setvariables and report.recalcreport but this does nothing.

Any ideas wath I should  do to do the job ?

--
----------------
http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~jslos

LIVE  IS  HARD        JJJJJ  AAAAA  y   y  University Of Ghent (Belgium)
                      J   J  A   A   y y   Snail-mail
      AND                 J  AAAAA    y         Drongensesteenweg 4
                        J J  A   A   y          9000  Gent (Belgium)

2. Sum Top 100

3. ReportSmith 3.0 - Report crashs in runtime mode

4. The Handle Is Invalid Error Message

5. ReportSmith GPF on print

6. lowest cost db

7. Disable SQL Logon Dialog From ReportSmith 3.0

8. Anyone know where I can get SQLEXECD for...

9. ReportSmith

10. Help with memo data in reportsmith

11. Reportsmith, SBL, dates?

12. HELP with REPORTSMITH