connect a Java applet to an Oracle database

connect a Java applet to an Oracle database

Post by mari » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 00:54:50

Hi, I have a data base ORACLE 8.0.3 on a machine SUN with the
operating system UNIX Solaris SunOS 5.6. I wish to be able to reach
this base since autonomous a JAVA application or an applet from a
station customer. An example of JAVA application allowing the
connection and the passage of requests on the basis can be found on
this site (http://www.datatransformations.com/downloadframeset.htm).
The tool to be charged is Granger Java SQL. Connections to the distant
data bases are carried out thanks to a series of classes JAVA  JDBC.
According to the data base reached it is also necessary to have a
specific driver. I want to set up a solution which is independent of
the machine customer (Mac, PC). I would thus like:
- to seek information necessary to the installation, the configuration
and the parameter settings of the various components necessary to the
setting in uvre.
- to recover the various components on the Net.
Lot of thanks