SQL Anywhere & Delphi 2....

Post by JGScem » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

We are trying to use SQL Anywhere (last version) with Delphi 2, using the
ODBC driver (32 bits) which comes with SQL Anywhere. We use SQL Any.. as
standalone.

We have the following problems:

- using ttable components we cannot display data from a table which has
indexes (althogh we can do it if the table has no indexes at all)

- if the table has no indexes, we can display & update (through a ttable
component ) but navigation in the table generates errors as soon as we add
records to the table

- we cannot update if we use TQUERY components even though the query
exepression is basic (eg: select * from mytable).

My questions:

- does anyone out here use SQL Anywhere ?

- do you have the same problems as we do ?

- if you use SQL any.. and have no problems, can you give me your e-mail
adress so that you help us a little bits...

Thanks

J. Scemla / Paris

J. G. Scemla
G2S - Paris - France

SQL Anywhere & Delphi 2....

Post by Mike Heyd » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

We have seen these errors as well.  You need SQL Anywhere 5.5 and BDE 3.5
(obtainable from Sybase and Borland respectively).  You also need the
replacement wod50t.dll also available from Sybase (or Borland, I can't
remember which, maybe both) but I think you have to call them to get that
one.

The TQuery one I haven't seen before but it may be fixed by the above.

FYI, there is also a bug which will not allow larger than 32k blobs through
the BDE.  I have an issue open with Sybase about that one.

Mike Heyda

Quote:> Hello,

> We are trying to use SQL Anywhere (last version) with Delphi 2, using the
> ODBC driver (32 bits) which comes with SQL Anywhere. We use SQL Any.. as
> standalone.

> We have the following problems:

> - using ttable components we cannot display data from a table which has
> indexes (althogh we can do it if the table has no indexes at all)

> - if the table has no indexes, we can display & update (through a ttable
> component ) but navigation in the table generates errors as soon as we
add
> records to the table

> - we cannot update if we use TQUERY components even though the query
> exepression is basic (eg: select * from mytable).

1. DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE------ DELPHI with SYBASE SQL ANYWHERE

Hi!
I can't get connections between delphi and Sybase sql anywhere to
work. I am getting general sql error.

What is database name and server name in delphi config file?
Is name of the server name of the database I am running?

When delphi connects to sybase server, sql links are going to load
sybase library. What happens when delphi connects to sybase sql anywhere?
Is it going to load sybase sql anywhere library?

Do I need different sql links to work with sybase sql anywhere or sybase
sql links work with sybase sql anywhere?
How the whole thing is working?

Thank you very much!
If delphi and sql anywhere works for you, please share your experience.
-Boris.

2. Approach Users Mailing List FAQ

3. Delphi:Paradox vs Delphi:SQL Anywhere vs Delphi:FoxPro via Apollo

4. Dev/2000 & Lite

5. Databases & Delphi 4 + SQL Anywhere

6. Java OODBMS to RDBMS Databridge

7. DBMemo,Delphi & SQL Anywhere BIG PROBLEM

8. SQL-AnyWhere Variables & Delphi 2

9. Delphi 2 Developer & Sybase SQL AnyWhere

10. SQL Anywhere & Borland's Delphi

11. SQL Anywhere 5.5 - Delphi 2.01 & Memofields

12. Sybase SQL Anywhere, SQL Links and Delphi 2.0