DBGrid: OnClick event

Post by Dirk » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

Can somebody help me...
I'm trying to get the actual value of an specific column (for example
dbgrid.column(1).value) after the user clicks on any field in the grid. But
I always get the former one and seem to need an event like "after click".
What can I do?
Thank You very much!
Dirk

1. DBGrid OnClick Event (only for new columns?)

--------------AC6D6082712AC86E33EF7789

I am clicking on a DBGrid. But the onClick even does not seem to
activate evry time I change rows, which is what i would expect. Instead,
it seems to fire unreliably, and only definitely when column clicked on
is different...? I quote the help:

Write an OnCellClick event handler to take specific action when the user
clicks in one of the cells of the data-aware grid. The Column parameter
is the TColumn object that corresponds to the column where the mouse was
when the user released the left mouse button.

OnCellClick occurs when the user releases the mouse. To take action when
the user clicks down on the mouse, use the OnColEnter event.

But only, reliably, when columns are changed!!!

OnCellClick will not occur when the mouse is released at the end of
resizing a row or column, or when the cell is being edited.

Same result even if is a read-only table!

--------------AC6D6082712AC86E33EF7789

<HTML>
I am clicking on a DBGrid. But the onClick even does not seem to activate
evry time I change rows, which is what i would expect. Instead, it seems
to fire unreliably, and only definitely when column clicked on is different...?
I quote the help:
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>
<HR WIDTH="100%">Write an OnCellClick event handler to take specific action
when the user clicks in one of the cells of the data-aware grid. The Column
parameter is the TColumn object that corresponds to the column where the
mouse was when the user released the left mouse button.

<P>OnCellClick occurs when the user releases the mouse. To take action
when the user clicks down on the mouse, use the OnColEnter event.
<BR>
<HR WIDTH="100%">
<BR>But only, reliably, when columns are changed!!!
<BR>
<HR WIDTH="100%">
<BR>OnCellClick will not occur when the mouse is released at the end of
resizing a row or column, or when the cell is being edited.
<BR>
<HR WIDTH="100%">
<BR>Same result even if is a read-only table!</HTML>

--------------AC6D6082712AC86E33EF7789--

2. Embedded SQL Link fails - _GetConnectToInfo unresolved

3. In DBGrid , how to handle OnClick event ?

4. Unwanted character in LONG Field

5. Onclick event for DBgrid

6. Decision Support tools for Sybase/Solaris

7. DBGrid possible with OnClick event?

8. Onclick-event

9. OnCLick event in ASP HELP NEEDED!

10. javascript onclick event

11. dbgrid OnClick

12. Who knows how to trap OnClick() in DBGrid?