NEWBIE QUESTION

Post by D » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:26:33

Hello,
I hope I can request help here, if not, please tell me where.
Here's what I basically want to construct:

A program that:
    1.    picks and displays a number from a list of 5-digit numbers;
    2.    displays it for 5 seconds;
    3.    allows the user to match a color to that number within the time
limit;
    4.    when the user makes a selection, they are told right or wrong
(beeps if wrong);
    5.    program waits 1 second between 5-second intervals, or user input,
whichever first;
    6.    new number is displayed from list randomly. repeat 50 times;
    7.     at end of test, results displayed as:
                a) number answered correctly
                b) number answered incorrectly
                c) grade as a percentage
                d) a list of the numbers that were wrong, and corresponding
correct color match

If anyone can help me get started on this, I'd appreciate any input, as I'm
rather new to VB.
Thanks in advance,

NEWBIE QUESTION

Post by Johnni » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:12:10

Hi,

> Hello,
> I hope I can request help here, if not, please tell me where.
> Here's what I basically want to construct:

> A program that:
>     1.    picks and displays a number from a list of 5-digit numbers;

Suppose you can keep this list in an array

Quote:>     2.    displays it for 5 seconds;

Put a timer on the form with an interval of 5 seconds. On the timer
events, Disable the timer add one to the WrongAnswerCounter use sleep
function to wait for 1 second choose a new number re enable the timer.

Quote:>     3.    allows the user to match a color to that number within the time
> limit;
>     4.    when the user makes a selection, they are told right or wrong
> (beeps if wrong);

Put a number of shapes (5) with a rectangular shape and fill_color the
color you need.
On the on click event of each shape. disable the wait_user_input_Timer,
check to see if the number that has been selected is for this shape if
it is then increase a CorrectCounter if not play a sound and increase
WrongAnswerCounter, use sleep function to pause for 1 second, choose a
new number, show it on the screen, enable wait_user_input_timer

newNumber = Mynumberlist(Int(Rnd * 5))

Use the above line to randomly select a new number each time

Quote:>     5.    program waits 1 second between 5-second intervals, or user input,
> whichever first;
>     6.    new number is displayed from list randomly. repeat 50 times;
>     7.     at end of test, results displayed as:
>                 a) number answered correctly
>                 b) number answered incorrectly
>                 c) grade as a percentage
>                 d) a list of the numbers that were wrong, and corresponding
> correct color match

> If anyone can help me get started on this, I'd appreciate any input, as I'm
> rather new to VB.
> Thanks in advance,

Use a label to show the number on the screen.

For any comments please post here I will not replay to any email.
Further more I will include your mail address into my spam filter.

Thank you

Regards
Johnnie.

1. Newbie...Newbie Question

Hi....I have just gotten hold of Oracle8 client ver.8.0.5....I have
installed succesfully on my Windows95 computer.....My question is can I
do anything (creating, modyfing, querying databases) by itself or do I
need to connect to a Oracle8 Server computer or another external Oracle
database.....

I think the answer is obviuos, but since I only have in my hands the
client CD, im wandering if i can do something useful with it.....

Thanks.............

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. portal

3. Newbie -very newbie- question

4. query optimization - DB2

5. Newbie question... ODBC and SQL server 6.5 Question

6. PDCP -- 3(4) -- table of contents

7. Dumb Newbie Question datatype question

8. Serious Book on Tech. Contracting for Those With Informix Skills

9. Newbie question ( certainly stupid question)

10. DB-LIB question ( newbie question )

11. Newbie Question: Informix-4GL Questions???

12. Newbie question runtime question

13. Newbie question: Exact 3.71 and Crystal 8.0 question