a handle problem with odbc

Post by BacchusJ » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:51:32

hello

using delphi 3 and access database
i have a handle error when executing a insert query but everything is fine
with a select

the handle is used in the Database stuff
what have i to do ?

maybe i didn't put enough explanation ;)

thanks

a handle problem with odbc

Post by curio » Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:13:46

> hello

> using delphi 3 and access database
> i have a handle error when executing a insert query but everything is fine
> with a select

Most evident - your SQL statment is incorrect.

Quote:> maybe i didn't put enough explanation ;)

It is not may be - it is exact so

1. ODBC file handle problem

Hi

We are developing a client server application in MSVC(1.52). The app.
uses ODBC(2.0) to communicate to and Access.

Every so often a message is generated by the ODBC driver indicating
insufficient file handles are available.

We put in a mechanism to warn the user about impending doom by checking,
using GetFreeFileHandles.

We are now moving the app. to MSVC (4.2). There is no GetFreeFileHandles
function to call.

Does this indicate that there is now no problem ?

Any info. gratefully accepted - please email to

Many thanks in advance

Ged

2. Master Merge (Full Text Search Problem)

3. Help, ODBC manager reuses the odbc handle

4. VB Documentation For MS-Graph.

5. Help, ODBC manager reuse the odbc handle

6. Largest SQL Server Database in a datawarehousing environment

7. Visual Basic - ODBC - Sybase error handling

8. Free Text Searching Questions

9. Help: How to handle ODBC and quotes

10. ODBC Date handling / dblib's datecrack function / VC++

11. Stored Procs & ODBC Error Handling

12. ADO and ODBC connection handle

13. Handle of an ODBC connection via DAO ?