Pure java JDBC implementation ?

Post by SESI » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
are there any pure java JDBC implementations ?
i'm looking for such an implementation to use it on a mobile termnial
having jdk1.1
even a basic implementation is quite enough.
the data base itself doesn't matter...

thanks in advance.

Pure java JDBC implementation ?

Post by SESI » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
are there any pure java JDBC implementations ?
i'm looking for such an implementation to use it on a mobile termnial
having jdk1.1
even a basic implementation is quite enough.
the data base itself doesn't matter...

thanks in advance.

Pure java JDBC implementation ?

Post by Anthony Goubar » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Yes it's the thin client (such as the one of oracle) but we have to know
which database you want to access.

If you want also a Database in pure Java there is InstantDB
www.instantDB.co.uk
you should also look at RMI/JDBC at
http://dyade.inrialpes.fr/membres/gibello

Anthony

Post by Lance Anderse » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi all,
> are there any pure java JDBC implementations ?
> i'm looking for such an implementation to use it on a mobile termnial
> having jdk1.1
> even a basic implementation is quite enough.
> the data base itself doesn't matter...

> thanks in advance.

Well the backend will matter.  The Sybase jConnect product has received
the pure java certification and works with ASE, Sql Anywhere (ASA).  It
can also be used with Oracle, DB2, Informix et..al when used in
conjunction with the Sybase Direct Connect products.

Lance

Sybase Product Support Engineering      Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street                 Fax:  (781) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!!              Let's Go Penguins!!!

Post by root » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi all,
> are there any pure java JDBC implementations ?
> i'm looking for such an implementation to use it on a mobile termnial
> having jdk1.1
> even a basic implementation is quite enough.
> the data base itself doesn't matter...

> thanks in advance.

Check out Recital JDBC Developer, it includes a Universal JDBC driver
that is pure java.

Regards
Barry

1. 100% Pure Java JDBC Driver for SOLID Server

Solid Information Technology has been awarded 100% Pure Java
Certification for its JDBC driver. SOLID JDBC Driver has been
tested excessively since June; the general availability date
is October 1, 1997.

SOLID JDBC Driver is a native protocol all Java driver
(type 4) that enables connections to SOLID Server without
third party or platform dependent middle ware. The driver has
been praised for its performance and compactness - 47 kB in
size, the driver is fast to download dynamically and suitable
for true internet applications.

Find out more about SOLID JDBC Driver at:
http://www.solidtech.com/market/products/jdbc/index.htm
 and more about SOLID Server at:
http://www.solidtech.com

Solid Information Technology Ltd

Iko Rein

---------------------------------
Iko Rein
Solid Information Technology LTD
http://www.solidtech.com

2. MANUALLY UPDATING RECORDSET

3. Looking for PURE JAVA DB with JDBC driver

4. History cache!

5. Free JDBC pure Java driver???

6. Can dbrpcsend be re-used?

7. 100% pure Java JDBC driver for DBase files

8. ODBC to Java Server-side App solution

9. Liberty JDBC achieves 100% Pure Java Certification

10. pure java jdbc drivers?

11. JDBC-Like pure java class to connect to Ms Sql Server or Ms Access

12. DB2 Connect 7.x and JDBC Type 4 Driver (pure java) for Sun Solaris

13. Is JDBC for Oracle pure Java?