WinFax Pro

Post by Dan Len » Thu, 06 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I purchased WinFax Pro because I saw articles that mentioned
that it had a good DDE interface.  But upon purchasing it, most
of the documentation concerning DDE uses macros for Word.  I am
looking for 'real' examples of how to utilize DDE with WinFax Pro
and a Visual Basic program, and would appreciate any feedback.

Another topic that I am confused about is if I use the print object
can I build a print image and use DDE to send image to WinFax Pro?

1. FM Pro, OE5, Outlook, WinFax Pro

Hi!

I'm not aware of any defacto standard, although I agree that it would be great
to have many programs be able to read from and write to a common database.  The
problem seems to lie in the extremely varied possibilities of a database.  I've
designed a few FMP solutions that just use Filemaker to do all that from
Filemaker.  A contact manager can be made to send e-mail, fax, print
letterhead, etc., by using script steps and helper apps like outlook and
Winfax.  Outside of that, there's not too much I can suggest!

John McKay
RedLightRunner.com

    APPLE GEAR!
    Apple. logo T-shirts, Hats, Watches, and more!
    Order Online at: http://www.redlightrunner.com

2. MySQL password function

3. DDE between FoxPro 2.5 & WinFax Pro

4. Visigenic Oracle driver in VB4EE - Redistributable?

5. Paradox7-WinFax Pro V7 DDE

6. Yes, you *can* use SQL Server DBLIB with BC++

7. WinFax Pro and FPW26

8. Novell 4.11/BTrieve 6.10 and Win95 problems

9. VFP 3.0 and Winfax Pro 4.1 Network

10. Telephoning via FMP with TalkWorks/WinFax PRO

11. visBas, WinFax Pro & DDE

12. Using DDE to negotiate with Winfax Pro.

13. HELP: FPW2.5b - WinFax Pro 4.0 - and DDE