q:Crystal reports multiple heading sections in one report

q:Crystal reports multiple heading sections in one report

Post by Peter Antypa » Thu, 16 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I am trying to have multiple headings for my report that is a customised
>cross tab report. I am able to get the data that I need on the top half and
>the bottom half but I am not able to have heading unique to those sections.
>I tried to move the heading from the Page header to the sections but it was
>of no help.

Try this:

  Create a dummy formula in Crystal, and after pasting it on the output,
delete it. The formula still remains stored and can accept values. Then,
make the formula take a value depending on which section of the detail
output you are. For instance, if the key field to separate the two
sections (a grouping I assume) is smthg like {Customer.State} then set
your formula as

   if {Customer.State} = 'MO' then 'Top' else 'Bottom'

Then, make all headings be formulas instead of plain strings, and include
a condition to test your dummy formula:

This may not be the greatest example, but that's all I could come up with
at this time of the day. I hope you got the basic idea behind conditional
formulas. Not the most elegant thing in the world, I agree.

Good Luck

Peter

1. Crystal Reports, Multiple Sections (Easy)

I'd like my report to consist of:-

Page1:- Bitmapped graph , Persons details (specified record from Access2.0
table)
.
Page2-Page X :- An entire report table (1 field (memo), generated elsewhere)

Can Crystal Reports do this? I have Version 3.0 pro at the moment, and I that
doesn't seem to do it. Does Version 4.5 or Version 5.0?

Also in ver 4.5 or ver 5.0 is it possible to change the format of the text
that is printed in the report dependant on the fields contents? Say I added
another field to my report table that said whether the memo field was to be
underlined or italic'd.
        MemoField    |Format
        -------------+---------
        Subtitle     |Underline
        Paragraph    |Normal

Thanks

Phil.

2. weeks in horizonal

3. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

4. displaying Table Properties

5. Crystal Report Experts : Can we create one graphic from multiple fields

6. Optimising engine throughput?

7. ATEGRA SYSTEMS NEEDS SYBASE DEVEL/DBA FOR NEW YORK

8. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

9. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

10. Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

11. Crystal Reports-Group Header Section