Sort

Post by Hajo Schaef » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00

How is it possible in VB5 Prof. to sort an Access database?
I want to sort the database using any header. If several are the same
the next key should be used.

Please als reply per email

Thanks in advance

Hajo

Sort

Post by Janusz Rychte » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi Hajo,

You can apply a sort property to dynaset and snapshot type. Using this
property will set the sort order for subsequent instance of the recordset.

    Set myRS = myDB.OpenRecordset("TableName", dbOpenDynaset)
    myRS.Sort = "FieldName"
    Set mySortedRS = myRS.OpenRecordset()

The same concept apply to Filter property.

Regards
John Rychter, MCSD

Quote:>How is it possible in VB5 Prof. to sort an Access database?