Bound controls and parametric command with DataEnvironment

Bound controls and parametric command with DataEnvironment

Post by Almog Yon » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

 I have created a parametric command (com1) in the DataEnvironment and I am
calling it from the Form_Load code:
 Dim Id_num As String

Id_num = "27199322"

DataEnvironment1.com1 Id_num

DataEnvironment1.rscom1.MoveFirst

I get the needed recordset but the bound controls on the form do not show
anything.

Do you know why? How do I refresh them?

Thanks for your time.

Yoni almog

Post by dcwar » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>  I have created a parametric command (com1) in the DataEnvironment
and I am
> calling it from the Form_Load code:
>  Dim Id_num As String

> Id_num = "27199322"

> DataEnvironment1.com1 Id_num

> DataEnvironment1.rscom1.MoveFirst

> I get the needed recordset but the bound controls on the form do not
show
> anything.

> Do you know why? How do I refresh them?

> Thanks for your time.

> Yoni almog

For each bound control set the datasource property to DataEnvironment1,
the data member property to the command object, and the data field
property to the required field.
Dave
--
dcward

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Dataenvironment and bound controls bugging me

I am experimenting with the dataenvironment right now, and I almost have
things under control, but not quite.

I have a form with a bunch of text boxes bound to a query/recordset in the
dataenvironment.  The form also has buttons for 'next', 'previous', 'add
new' etc.  Everything seemed to be okay, but I got errors when I tried to
update after doing an 'add new'.  For debugging purposes I put some code in
the willchange event.  After running the application, I noticed that the
will change event was running multiple times when I hadn't changed any data
but only pressed 'next' and 'previous.'  Does anyone know why that could be?

Sidart

2. Access Database update

3. DataEnvironment and Bound Controls

4. Using SQL Worksheet through a firewall?

5. HOWTO: dataenvironment en bound controls ???

6. [GENERAL] PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs

7. DataEnvironment and updating bound controls

8. Adding and Subtracting

9. Finding a record in a Bound recordset (bound using the DataEnvironment)

10. Help: Adding DataEnvironment Child Command Screws Up DataEnvironment

11. Bound controls not updating ADO with adodc.recordset.update command

12. Data Bound TextBox Control to Command Object

13. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls