Databases and images

Post by Pere M. Olaria Porca » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 22:47:36

i want to insert an image in a field, and use it in a datareport, help
please

Databases and images

Post by Mark Kirb » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:49:39

Look up appendchunk and getchunk for putting image in a db....  Not sure
about the datareports...

Quote:> i want to insert an image in a field, and use it in a datareport, help
> please

1. Database Design (image/txt)

Hello,

I have hundreds of "rich" (doc/rtf/ppt/xls/pdf) and html documents.
using a special tool, "rich" documents are marked by us and html documents
are parsed and stripped (to textual content, without tags or code).

After the tool has finished, we plan to insert each file content into the
database.

I'm wondering what is the best database design for this?
should I use two columns (text and image) to store textual (parsed) content
and the rich files seperatlly? or can I use a text field for the "rich"
files as well?

I have no plan to use ms-sql full text search, just store the "rich" files
AS IS in the database for further processing.

Thanks!

2. SyBooks Release 11.0.2 doesn't install on Solaris 2.5

3. Database for Images?

4. quick search in value list

5. database with images

6. newbie join question

7. Database and Images

8. Use IIF inside a query,....

9. Databases with Image Retrieval functions?

10. 10000 records in access database with images

11. Database design (image/text)

12. Database for Image

13. Storing Image into a Database image field