Addnew Doesn't Add New - It is being ignored

Addnew Doesn't Add New - It is being ignored

Post by Jeffrey D. Lanc » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Greetings,

Has anyone had problems with .AddNew not adding a record when MS Access
has the Database open?  I thought if the Table was open, then MAYBE it
might limit the ability of VB to write to it somehow but as it turns
out, if the MDB file is open with access at all then the .AddNew command
is ignored.

Jeff

Addnew Doesn't Add New - It is being ignored

Post by Jeffrey D. Lanc » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

I solved my own problem although I don't understand why it made the
difference fully:

I had the field I was creating a new record in as an indexed field no
duplicates.  When I changed it to nonindexed, it works fine.