Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode error at Crystal Reports

Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode error at Crystal Reports

Post by Remco Groot Beume » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:33:36

Hello,

I've developed a program in VB.NET using Crystal Reports. On my developers
PC everything works fine, but after installing it on a client machine, I get
the following error when I try to open a report:  Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll,
or invalid keycode

I've tried just about everything. When searching the internet I see a lot of
answers that point to an article at support.crystaldecisions.com, but that
Article doesn't seem to be available anymore. Can anyone tell me
step-by-step how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Remco Groot Beumer

Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode error at Crystal Reports

Post by shrira » Fri, 16 May 2003 15:57:22

Hi Remco ,

I wonder ..I am also getting the same problem ..when I try running a
NET WinApp which uses Crystal Reports .

On searching I found in the support  , check the link below

http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011205.asp

.. But that did not serve my purpose and still am getting the error.

If you had already solved the problem kindly let me know ... or use the
solution stated in the above link and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Shri.

Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode error at Crystal Reports

Post by Jon Staffor » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 07:44:30

Originally posted by Remco Groot Beumer

Quote:> Hello,

> I've developed a program in VB.NET using Crystal Reports. On my
> developers
> PC everything works fine, but after installing it on a client
> machine, I get
> the following error when I try to open a report:  Cannot find
> KeycodeV2.dll,
> or invalid keycode

> I've tried just about everything. When searching the internet I see
> a lot of
> answers that point to an article at support.crystaldecisions.com,
> but that
> Article doesn't seem to be available anymore. Can anyone tell me
> step-by-step how to solve this problem?

> Best regards,

> Remco Groot Beumer

Have exactly the same problem and have no working solution to date. The
support.crystaldecisions.com references point to ASPNET read rights but
the keys are not valid (Win 2k Sp3 on client machine). Runs perfectly on
development system. Have you found a solution?
Thanks

Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode error at Crystal Reports

Post by gambit0 » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 02:08:10

In the past when I've gotten this error, it was due to the
keycodeV2.dll file was not registered.  So I had to manually register
it by running regsvr32 /s keycodeV2.dll from its location.   That took
care of my problem.

Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode error at Crystal Reports

Post by Jon Staffor » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 02:46:23

Originally posted by gambit02

Quote:> In the past when I've gotten this error, it was due to the
> keycodeV2.dll file was not registered.  So I had to manually register
> it by running regsvr32 /s keycodeV2.dll from its location.   That took
> care of my problem.

Thanks for the followup. I found out that my biggest problem was not
understanding exactly how to incorporate the msm's properly into the
release packages (Add menu for deployment project, not Add File). Once I
got that right, I was able to enter the product key and problem was
solved. I had read about the key problem but couldn't enter it.

Thanx!