cannot access jdbc.odbc driver inside an applet

cannot access jdbc.odbc driver inside an applet

Post by sjsd » Wed, 16 May 2001 00:31:30

I cannot access the jdbc-odbc driver inside an applet.I had a
security access control exception. This was just to test if I
can load jdbc-odbc driver inside an applet. I did however,
access it within an application.

  any Suggestions
thanks

cannot access jdbc.odbc driver inside an applet

Post by Andree Gro? » Wed, 16 May 2001 00:58:28

sjsda schrieb:

Quote:

> I cannot access the jdbc-odbc driver inside an applet.I had a
> security access control exception. This was just to test if I
> can load jdbc-odbc driver inside an applet. I did however,
> access it within an application.
>     Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");

JDBC-ODBC-Bridge is not the right way to connect database.
In this case you need a type-4-driver, look here:
http://industry.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers

But the better way to develop database applications for
internet accessing is to use servlets for database activities
and applets only to display the results and/or input fields.

Kindly regards, Andree

cannot access jdbc.odbc driver inside an applet

Post by p.. » Wed, 16 May 2001 01:39:26

You cannot use the bridge in an applet. You need to use a
type 3 or 4 driver.Try LpVodbc at lpv.home.texas.net, which is a 2.1
driver for all odbc datasources.

lpv

On Mon, 14 May 2001 08:31:30 -0700, sjsda

>I cannot access the jdbc-odbc driver inside an applet.I had a
>security access control exception. This was just to test if I
>can load jdbc-odbc driver inside an applet. I did however,
>access it within an application.
>    Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");

>  any Suggestions
>thanks

1. jdbc/odbc driver and ms-access with an applet

Hello,

I'm trying unsuccessfully to do the following thing :
my applet wants to read some data it has to display, from a MS Access
Database. I use the simple sun jdbc/odbc driver provided with the JDK.
when I run the applet trough the internet (personal web server, of my NT
workstation) but on the machine where the database is stored and
declared as an Odbc source, everything is ok and the data are displayed
normally.  when I do the same from a remote machine, still through the
internet, it doesn't work and the applet says it is unable to find the
data source.
What should I do to make it work ? I read it is a problem due to the use
of odbc. Does anybody know more about it ?

Thank you

Tristan

2. downloading data during merge

3. Oracle JDBC Thin Applet + MS IE: SecurityException accessing jdbc.drivers system property

4. Access 97 Speed vs Sql Server 7

5. uniVerse/Unidata Programmer looking 4 work

6. JDBC Driver for MS Access (Not JDBC-ODBC Driver)

7. Performance problem in using preparedStatement with mssqlserver driver

8. JDBC drivers to access applet.

9. JDBC-ODBC MS Access to Applet (security poblem)

10. Applet, JDBC-ODBC and MS ACCESS and MS SQL server

11. any free JDBC_ODBC bridge driver tat support applet access to ODBC 3.x compliant database

12. access to remote DBs from an applet with JDBC/ODBC bridge