Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

Post by Martin Baumgartne » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to access a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet
Engine in VB5/6 with Data-controls and found no way of prividing the
username / password.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

Post by Wendy Whitbec » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

The password is provided in the open/connect string.  Check you help
manuals, basically after the connect string, you use pwd:password.

HTH
Wendy

>I'm trying to access a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet
>Engine in VB5/6 with Data-controls and found no way of prividing the
>username / password.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,

>Martin

Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

Post by Dougie Henderso » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Martin,

If you've simply used a database password (as opposed to different users)
then
when you're opening the database use a connect string of ";PWD=mypassword"
(note the semicolon - very important).

If you're trying to connect as a specific user then use a connect string of
"UID=myuser;PWD=mypassword" (replacing myuser and mypassword
appropriately).

Hope that helps,

Dougie Henderson.