seeknext method?

Post by Roland Thalmann - ACPS/F » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I am just wondering, is there an equivalent of findnext except as
seeknext or something?  As per standard Microsoft Manuals, I can never
find what I want, assuming its in there to begin with.  I tried using
seek again, with bad results, and I can't figure out how to use
findnext.  From what I could make from the manuals, it doesn't even use
an index, making it slow, so it would be preferable to use some kind of
seeknext regardless.

--------It has been said that King Kong died for your sins.--------
             --------This has been confirmed.--------

seeknext method?

Post by R.Wagena » Sun, 04 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I am just wondering, is there an equivalent of findnext except as
>seeknext or something?  As per standard Microsoft Manuals, I can never
>find what I want, assuming its in there to begin with.  I tried using
>seek again, with bad results, and I can't figure out how to use
>findnext.  From what I could make from the manuals, it doesn't even use
>an index, making it slow, so it would be preferable to use some kind of
>seeknext regardless.

If you have set the right index, you can use MoveNext.

Robert Wagenaar
Leiden, the Netherlands

seeknext method?

Post by Patrik Schroed » Wed, 07 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>>I am just wondering, is there an equivalent of findnext except as
>>seeknext or something?  As per standard Microsoft Manuals, I can never
>If you have set the right index, you can use MoveNext.

Can you??? Doesn't MoveNext just move to the next record in the table,
ragardless of any Seek criteria?

    | Patrik Schroeder                Helsinki, Finland |