Unrecognized database format

Post by Iván Isidor M » Wed, 15 Jan 1997 04:00:00

VB4
Access 2.0
Win95
Local Database

I'm developing a VB4 application that uses an Access 2.0 database
This database is currently 250Mb (yes 250mb!!) and I'm using several
methods to
insert records in some tables.
If I use a Recordset object and use the AppendNew Method to insert records
in
a small table everything is fine.  But, if I do this same thing on a large
table
the process is perpetous.  I worked around this problem by using the
Execute Method on the Database object using an Insert statement. The code
is something like this:

sub InsertRecord()
dim mydb as database
dim s$ as string

    ' Here I create the string s$
   s$= "insert into table1 values (1,23,4.5667)"
   mydb.Execute s$ dbFailOnError

end sub

This worked right for some time but now everytime this code executes I get
the error
3343 Unrecognized database format: "c:\databases\mydata.mdb"

After this the database is wrecked and I must repair it.  This takes up to
5 hours!

Any ideas!!!

1. Error opening database Unrecognized database format

I have a program created in VB5 using access 97 and upgraded the database to
access 2000.  I also upgraded the program to VB6 and changed the database
driver to "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=C:\databasename.mdb;Persist Security Info=False".

But if I run the program I still get "Error opening database Unrecognized
database format".  I tested the database when I built it into vb6 and was
able to access all the fields.

Please Help.

BJ

2. Rollback

3. Compacting database 'Unrecognized database format'

4. Calling a User Defined Function from VBScript?

5. Unrecognized Database Format

6. is there a quick sql statment to do this

7. "Unrecognized database format ..." - Access 2002

8. Memory usage error

9. Unrecognized Database Format

10. Error 3343 - Unrecognized Database format

11. err msg "unrecognized database format"

12. Unrecognized Database Format??

13. Unrecognized DataBase Format