D6 Informix and BLOB field

Post by £ukasz Dura » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:51:16

the problem is
SQL is select aaa from dat_aaa, aaa is a BLOB field
query.recordcount returns -1 value why?
why it doesn't work for BLOB fields
thank you for help me.

D6 Informix and BLOB field

Post by Mike Shkolni » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:25:44

Just fetch all records to client:
yourQuery.Last
or
yourQuery.FetchAll

Only after that your RecordCount will work

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik

WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

Quote:> the problem is
> SQL is select aaa from dat_aaa, aaa is a BLOB field
> query.recordcount returns -1 value why?
> why it doesn't work for BLOB fields
> thank you for help me.

1. D6, Interbase, BLOBs

I need to copy selected BLOB fields from one database to another.

Suppose:

        db1.gdb and db2.gdb are the databases.

        tbl1 is a table in db1.gdb which contains a BLOB field.

        tbl2 is a table in db2.gdb which also contains a BLOB field.

I need to select specific records from tbl1 and copy them to tbl2.

I am using Delphi 6 Pro and Interbase 6.  I have played with TIBBlobStream but
can't get it to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please reply to my

2. Foxpro Utilities or code

3. Using MS Access to read text from an Informix BLOB field

4. Migrating vfp to Oracle 8.05

5. Inserting a BLOB into an Oracle BLOB field.

6. Setting DatabaseName and RecordSource at run time

7. Saving TMemo field data to a Blob field (Interbase Table) via SQL Update Query

8. about oracle datatype raw? can you help me?

9. Field not a BLOB field

10. Storing Memo fields in Databases (Blob Fields?)

11. Transfer a string from BLOB-TEXT-field to NCHAR-field