vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

Post by chris » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Well, I have finally got vb6 data reports to print in Landscape mode.
However, it is still impossible to Export (save) the report as Landscape,
still giving the same "Report width is greater than page width" error
message.

Does anyone know how to export a report in Landscape mode???

Chris.

vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

Post by Patrick Tallma » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I wonder if you could tell us how you got the report to print in landscape?
If you used the pageset.dll from MS site or something more clever?

Thanks,
Patrick Tallman

Quote:> Well, I have finally got vb6 data reports to print in Landscape mode.

Post by Dan Ellenbu » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Well, I have finally got vb6 data reports to print in Landscape mode.
>However, it is still impossible to Export (save) the report as Landscape,
>still giving the same "Report width is greater than page width" error
>message.

>Does anyone know how to export a report in Landscape mode???

Chris,

It sounds like you are experiencing the same problem that occurs in a
print preview, whereby the output is formatted based on the
orientation of the printer.  If you are using Pageset.dll as your
printer orientation component, try making a call to the PrinterControl
object of Pageset using a procedure such as this one:

Public Sub SetPrinterOrientation (intMode As Integer)
Dim obj As PageSet.PrinterControl, prtX As Printer

    On Error GoTo errorhandler

    Set obj = New PrinterControl
    If intMode = 2 Then
       obj.ChngOrientationLandscape
    Else
       obj.ChngOrientationPortrait
    End If

    On Error GoTo 0
    Exit Sub

errorhandler:
   MsgBox Err.Description

End Sub

BTW, you can get Pageset at:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q197/9/15.asp

Dan Ellenburg, MCSD
Independent Consultant
Visual Basic, Access

1. VB6 data report-landscape

I am trying to create a landscape sized report with the data report designer and it keeps saying report width is larger than
paper size.  I have seen others ask this question, but not seen any answers.  Is it possible or do we need to use Crystal
reports?

2. Putting the user into a GET

3. How Do I Print Data Reports in Landscape Mode from VB6 App

4. Shareware for creating a bound combo or list box??

5. printing landscape report with VB6 datareport?

6. NILE.COM database.bas

7. Creating report w/ Data Report in VB6

8. Filemaker 6, NT 4, and web publishing

9. VB6 Data Reports or of Crystal Reports?

10. Reports, reports, reports, reports.....REPORTS!

11. Landscape Data Reports

12. How to set landscape data report

13. Data Report Landscape