move over popout toolbar button

Post by Ricard » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Does anybody know if there is a toolbar/button ocx available that looks
like the buttons in Internet Explorer, VB 5, Office 97 and FrontPage? I
want the buttons to raise when I move the mouse over them. I know VB 5.0
CCE comes with the AXButton sample, but it's slow, and I don't like the
picture property. I could write alot of code and mimmick the idea with
pictures, but the result would perform too slow, so I won't even bother.
I'm using VB 4.0 Pro on NT 4.0.

                     Thanks, Ricardo.

Post by Robert Chaf » Tue, 10 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>  Does anybody know if there is a toolbar/button ocx available that looks
>  like the buttons in Internet Explorer, VB 5, Office 97 and FrontPage? I
>  want the buttons to raise when I move the mouse over them. I know VB 5.0
>  CCE comes with the AXButton sample, but it's slow, and I don't like the
>  picture property. I could write alot of code and mimmick the idea with
>  pictures, but the result would perform too slow, so I won't even bother.
>  I'm using VB 4.0 Pro on NT 4.0.

So that means 32-bit presumably. I wrote a 16-bit VBX which does it
for fun.

Robert Chafer
Digital iD Picture Systems

Post by Jeff Fiel » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>>  Does anybody know if there is a toolbar/button ocx available that looks
>>  like the buttons in Internet Explorer, VB 5, Office 97 and FrontPage? I
>>  want the buttons to raise when I move the mouse over them. I know VB 5.0
>>  CCE comes with the AXButton sample, but it's slow, and I don't like the
>>  picture property. I could write alot of code and mimmick the idea with
>>  pictures, but the result would perform too slow, so I won't even bother.
>>  I'm using VB 4.0 Pro on NT 4.0.
>So that means 32-bit presumably. I wrote a 16-bit VBX which does it
>for fun.

Well, actually!  Using a picture box for the toolbar and another for
all the buttons (16x16, 23x22 or  32x32 as needed) in the various
states you will use in your app is considerably faster.

A company called Inlog has a 'coded toolbar and believe me its
actually easier to use and faster than the toolbar in the  32-bit
windows common controls.  My toolbars always blinked until I began
using the Inlog control and as long as I stay within the standard
button sizes listed above you can make any type of button, limited
only by your imagination and graphical ability.

1. Mouse moveover toolbar popout buttons

Does anybody know if there is a toolbar/button ocx available that looks
like the buttons in Internet Explorer, VB 5, Office 97 and FrontPage? I
want the buttons to raise when I move the mouse over them. I know VB 5.0
CCE comes with the AXButton sample, but it's slow, and I don't like the
picture property. I could write alot of code and mimmick the idea with
pictures, but the result would perform too slow, so I won't even bother.
I'm using VB 4.0 Pro on NT 4.0.

                     Thanks, Ricardo.

2. Newbie Question on Importing

3. toolbar button on CDialogbar

4. Global Databases

5. Pressing button menu on a toolbar

6. PostGres Mailing List

7. Disable toolbar button

8. Question regarding MS BackOff/MSSQL 7.0 Enterprise version...

9. Getting the color white on toolbar buttons in 256 color mode

10. toolbar order button

11. Querying a table from a toolbar button with Visual Studio.NET

12. Cut, Copy And Paste from toolbar buttons?

13. custom picture for toolbar buttons in VBA/Excel7