Jdbc and caracter set

Post by Eric Héber » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm using JDBC and Orable.
I need to read a encrypted password like this "??a?????" in the
BD.
I'm reading the value with getString().
Where I read the value, some char is remplaced by '?'.
Is the same thing when I read with getAsciiStream().
I think is the caractere set I'm using.
Some body can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

1. Bad caracter set

Hi,

With Delphi 5 pro, ADOExpress, MDAC 2.1 and MS SQL 7, I have two caracter
problems :
- I need latin caracters (with accents - I'm french) and I have anglo-saxon
ones (with dots and bars instead of accents)
- One column size (for exemple), in the database, is 25 caracters wide. If
the record selected is 5 caracters long, the result is the record + 20 times
the space caracter.

Maybe they are stupid problems but it's my first day with ADO.

Thanks a lot.

Stphane DUPARAY

2. MS-SQL DBA position in New Jersey

3. Can I make compatible differents sets of caracters?

4. Error Msg 625 & 2513.

5. Bad caracter set and space filling !!

6. Unique {index|constraint}

7. Strange Caracters with an Insert SP

8. Problem with temporary tables and ALTER TABLE

9. Special caracters, .idc and SQL 6.5

10. Bad output when i print especial caracter

11. JSP and Long field (<4000 caracters) in DB very urgent

12. SQL and ODBC: how do I escape caracter ???

13. generating flat files with no blank caracters