Excel Connection String

Post by DB » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

In DAO I used to use this to connect to an Excel Spreadsheet

Dim mdbExcel As DAO.Database, mRS As DAO.Recordset

    Set mdbExcel = OpenDatabase(msPath, False, True, sConnect)
    bConnect = True
    Set mRS = mdbExcel.OpenRecordset("Sheet1$", dbOpenTable)

I can't seem to find the provider string for an ADO connection and RS.

Can somebody tell me the connection syntax and RS syntax for an Excel
spreadsheet with ADO 2.5?

Also, where in the ADO 2.5 documentation are examples of connecting to
different data sources.

Excel Connection String

Post by Andrew Grillag » Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:00:00

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Faq.htm#Q15

--

Andrew Grillage
http://www.concresco.com

Quote:> In DAO I used to use this to connect to an Excel Spreadsheet

> Dim mdbExcel As DAO.Database, mRS As DAO.Recordset

>     Set mdbExcel = OpenDatabase(msPath, False, True, sConnect)
>     bConnect = True
>     Set mRS = mdbExcel.OpenRecordset("Sheet1$", dbOpenTable)

> I can't seem to find the provider string for an ADO connection and RS.

> Can somebody tell me the connection syntax and RS syntax for an Excel
> spreadsheet with ADO 2.5?

> Also, where in the ADO 2.5 documentation are examples of connecting to
> different data sources.

1. Excel Connection String

In DAO I used to use this to connect to an Excel Spreadsheet

Dim mdbExcel As DAO.Database, mRS As DAO.Recordset

    Set mdbExcel = OpenDatabase(msPath, False, True, sConnect)
    bConnect = True
    Set mRS = mdbExcel.OpenRecordset("Sheet1$", dbOpenTable)

I can't seem to find the provider string for an ADO connection and RS.

Can somebody tell me the connection syntax and RS syntax for an Excel
spreadsheet with ADO 2.5?

Also, where in the ADO 2.5 documentation are examples of connecting to
different data sources.

Thanks in advance.

2. Multiple shared-memory segments / processor affinity

3. Excel Connection String with password

4. Veritas Netbackup - cold backup problem with more than one thread

5. Excel 2002 connection string

6. VACUUM and performance after pg_dumpall

7. Using CDaoDatabase with Excel file converts string with only spaces to empty string

8. Cascade Delete "Detection"

9. ADO : Connection String for a VPN connection ?

10. Connection fails due to: invalid connection string attribute (01S00)

11. Connection string for Trusted connection.

12. MS SQL connection string for remote internet connection?

13. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000