JDBC Connection error within an applet !

JDBC Connection error within an applet !

Post by Elkame » Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:38:12

Hello!
I have used the following code to establish a JDBC connection to
an INTERBASE database from an applet.
the driver used is a forth type one wich is Interclient (the duo
interclient/interserver for the dbms INTERBASE)
//******************
private Connection c ;
String
databaseURL= "jdbc:interbase://localhost/C:/JBuilder2/samples/bor
land/reference/cliffhanger/data/Cliffhanger.gdb";
String user = "SYSDBA";
String password = "masterkey";
String driverName= "interbase.interclient.Driver";
Class.forName (drivername);
c = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection (databaseURL, user,
password);
//*****************
The latest statement caused the following error:
//*
(java.lang.RuntimePermission accessClassInPackage.sun.io )
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Compiled
Code)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Compiled Code)
//*

Where is the problem please?
if the solution is to sign the applet, show me please how can'I
do that ?.

1. Applet and JDBC web connection string

Hi !

  I'm trying to realize an applet that connects an internet user to the
database on my IIS server, using a system DSN.
But I can't !!!
Is it possible ?? and if yes, what is the connection string (url).
my server is : 192.168.1.200 port 8094
my dsn is : BN
and my database is MSAccess.

Please help me !!!
Thierry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Printing reports 2.5 from NT- losing some.

3. JDBC connection possible from applet ?

4. pgsql/ /HISTORY oc/src/sgml/release.sgml

5. JDBC applet using up all user connections

6. Scripting "code"

7. connection problem with postgresql JDBC driver in applet?

8. How can you create menu options for a right mouse click???

9. JDBC connection with applets

10. jdbc connection in Applets

11. JDBC applet connection/db2jstrt problem

12. JDBC-Connection within Java WorkShop 2.0