Connection pooling question, need help!

Post by Stev » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 00:33:13

Hi everybody,

I have a data component on our MTS server which uses connection pooling. The
problem is that when the database goes down (and there are connections that
are pooled), the component doesn't get an error connecting to the database
(despite the fact that the database is down), the error only occurs when
executing an SQL statement using that connection. I only get a connection
error after the pooled connections are released (i.e. 5 or 10 minutes). My
question is, how can I verify that the connection that is in the pool, is
still a valid connection? Or is there a way to have MTS or some other
mechanism destroy the connections when the database is no longer accessible?

I'm using MDAC 2.5 SP1, VB6 SP5 and MTS 2.0.

Thanks,
Steve

1. Connection pooling question, need help!

Hi everybody,

I have a data component on our MTS server which uses connection pooling. The
problem is that when the database goes down (and there are connections that
are pooled), the component doesn't get an error connecting to the database
(despite the fact that the database is down), the error only occurs when
executing an SQL statement using that connection. I only get a connection
error after the pooled connections are released (i.e. 5 or 10 minutes). My
question is, how can I verify that the connection that is in the pool, is
still a valid connection? Or is there a way to have MTS or some other
mechanism destroy the connections when the database is no longer accessible?

I'm using MDAC 2.5 SP1, VB6 SP5 and MTS 2.0.

Thanks,
Steve

2. OLAP and Pivot Tables

3. connection pooling - to pool or not to pool

4. NT service cause ADO's Open() function hang?

5. Java connection pooling vs oracle connection pooling

6. Automating database dumps.

7. Help needed on connection pooling

8. Paradox files. Max. number of users

9. Connection Pooling Help Needed

10. ODBC Connection Pooling Vs OLE DB Resource Pooling