Oracle - stored procedures -ora 1640

Post by Burkhardt Peterman » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
With the newer jdbc-driver from oracle I ever get the ora-1640 by
executing stored procedures (oracle 7, 8  on solaris or nt, thin or
oci). I've changed in-/inout- and out- parameter(types and valeus) and
it's always the same. In the procedures ther are no
data-transformation(like to_char(),...).
With older driver (version from the last year) I've no problem.

So my question is:
what are the changes in the jdbc-Driver and is there any solution ?

Burkhardt Petermann

Oracle - stored procedures -ora 1640

Post by Burkhardt Peterman » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I've my own solution. The problem are null values for in/out-parameters in
Oracle varchar2, because in the newer JDBC-Driver, the length of the bind
variables are not set.
So I've to set them with a dummy, which has a length greater than the
output.

It's the same thing with Delphi (BDE) and C++ (DB-Tools) and a known bug
in oracle!

> Hi,
> With the newer jdbc-driver from oracle I ever get the ora-1640 by
> executing stored procedures (oracle 7, 8  on solaris or nt, thin or
> oci). I've changed in-/inout- and out- parameter(types and valeus) and
> it's always the same. In the procedures ther are no
> data-transformation(like to_char(),...).
> With older driver (version from the last year) I've no problem.

> So my question is:
> what are the changes in the jdbc-Driver and is there any solution ?

> Burkhardt Petermann

1. Compaq 1640 Laptop with AMD K6 chip and SQL Server 7.0 installtion Problem

I have purchases Compaq 1640 Laptop with 96 meg ram and 4 gb hard
drive.The laptop has AMD K6 chip and I have tried to install SQL Server
7.0 desktop database on it many time and it failed. First time it will
install and will start the services and halt after that. It says to
look in the log file for error, but there is no error in the log file.
The program menu will not update with SQl Server 7.0. Then I tried
second time and it says it finish installing the server but does not
starts my server. I can see on the program menu and starts the
Enterprise Manager to start the database but it fails to open and does
not recognize the server.

If any one have any idea or solution, I will highly appreciate the help.
I have e-mail compaq and microsoft but there is no reply from them.

My day time phone is (513) 870-2300 ext 4470

Thanks in advanced.

Jay Patel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. TSQLConnection never close with MySQL, number of connection keep on increasing

3. How to call an Oracle Stored procedure from MSSQL Server Stored Procedure

4. US-MD-Columbia UNIDATA / PICK Programmers

5. Tool for converting Store Procedure in SQL Server to Oracle Store Procedures

6. Replication across TCPIP link

7. Calling Oracle Stored Procedure from within SQL Server Stored Procedure

8. Oracle Server on Win 98?

9. Calling a Java Stored Procedure from another Java Stored Stored Procedure

10. java stored procedure ora-29540

11. stored procedures ora-6508

12. Help: ORA-06512, 01722, Stored procedure in 9i

13. stored procedures ORA-6508