Help with Crystal Reports 4.5 VCL

Post by Victor Amarante de Barr » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I would like some help on using Crustal Reports 4.5 VCL with
Delphi. The help that comes with Crystal is very poor. Can anybody
tell me where I can find examples, articles, about using Crystal VCL
with Delphi 1.0?

 Thanks in advance

Help with Crystal Reports 4.5 VCL

Post by Craig Jackso » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi, I would like some help on using Crustal Reports 4.5 VCL with
> Delphi. The help that comes with Crystal is very poor. Can anybody
> tell me where I can find examples, articles, about using Crystal VCL
> with Delphi 1.0?

>  Thanks in advance

Hi Victor,

Have you tried Crystal's web page?  They have lots of information there.
Example code etc.  It's not all oriented toward Delphi, but some is.
The URL is:
                http://www.crystalinc.com/

You definitely will want to download the most current version of the VCL
as they continue to add methods and properties.  I think there are some
examples included in the VCL zip file.

I think version 1.08.21 is now available on their web site.

We have been using the VCL with reasonable success, though I don't know of
any great sources of documentation.  We have survived using their on-line
help file and a couple calls to Crystal Technical support (which is pretty
good still).

If you have any specific questions, I could try to answer them based on
our experience.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Craig Jackson               "No matter how great your triumphs or how

Electronic Data Systems      Chinese couldn't care less."    -  Lazlo