Report width is greater than page width

Post by JAG3 » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone help me with this problem?  I am creating a report with a few
columns
but cannot seem to get past this problem.  I tried reducing the the "width"
property
and the reportwidth property but it didn't seem to help.

1. Maximum report page width

Is there a maximum page width for i4gl reports or a maximum line length
for .ace files.

I have a situation where I need to write a select statement to a file.  A sed
script will then be used to extract the select statement from the file and
insert it into a .ace file template.  Finally the resulting .ace file will
be compiled and the ace report run using sacego.  If I have to, I can write
the select statement in pieces which are less than 80 chars long and
syntactically correct, but doing so will require a fair amount of string
parsing.  If there are no line length limits, writing the select statement
as a single line is _MUCH_ easier.

I will be using i4gl ver. 4.10, and the on-line engine.  Not sure of the
version number for the ace reports (I'm writing this from home) but it was
purchased at the same time as i4gl and Informix On-line.

2. ADO2.5 BETA

3. DTS error - fixed field width - considers width of first line only

4. btrieve opinions

5. Total width of columns = Width of ListView

6. Where to get TUTILITY.EXE ?

7. fixed width - dynamically set column widths

8. multiple instances on virtual server

9. Row width limit when importing fixed width files (SQL 7.0)

10. Printing Problems When Page Height < Page Width

11. Left or Right Marging greater than the width of the paper error

12. Page lock on Recordset width Index .....?????