PARADOX TABLE SORTING vs TABLE EDIT CONFLICT

PARADOX TABLE SORTING vs TABLE EDIT CONFLICT

Post by Johan Prose » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Dear News group users,

I have constructed a paradox 7 table with Delphi 5.

I have defined secondary indexes to do sorting with on 3 table fields via
the Database desktop.

The DBgrid read-only property I have defined as true, to prohibit tampering
with the data.

I want post data to the table from a calculation program, with the APPEND
and POST methods

The problem is that I keep getting a DBengine error that the table is
read-only, which it is NOT.

Once I remove the indexes the data can be posted without problem.

What possibly can be the problem??

Any suggestions are more than welcome, as I have been trying for an entire
week now.

Best regards.

Johan Prosee.

Post by Markku Nevalaine » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> The problem is that I keep getting a DBengine error that the table is
> read-only, which it is NOT.

Most likely you have added only secondary index, but left out
the primary index. This is so bad mistake with BDE that it will
never forgive it, unless you add the primary index also.

Markku Nevalainen

1. How edit a sorted tables?

Hello!

I have to edit sorted tables using DBGrid coponent. My table has one indexed
field aOrder.
If i setting Table.IndexFieldNames property to 'aOrder' value I can't edit
table because Index became ReadOnly and it causes Error when Post method is
called. Also I can't assign value to
Table.IndexFieldNames property Before/After update record for turnung on/off
index because
it makes system error dialog and finshed program. Using query isn't possible
too as ORDERED
request is not RequestLive.

What must I do for editing sorted table using DBGrid like components?
Is anyone know it?

Dmitry.

2. Is there a shortcut way to DECLARE Table Variables with existing table structure?

3. Paradox 4 vs Paradox 7 Tables - Differences

4. ODBC for AS/400

5. Paradox Table not in edit mode - a Philosophy

6. Problems with simple math functions

7. Edit paradox tables using VB

8. Sysobjects and Syscolumns

9. Sort Paradox 5.0 Tables

10. Sorting Paradox tables

11. Import paradox 4.0 table with international sort order to Access

12. Paradox: table and index with different sort orders

13. Sorting Paradox Tables With Indexed Primary Key Fields