Muliuser spport

Post by Ashis » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:18:33

I have a single user application developed using VB/MS Access 97/ADODC. Now
i want to
use this single user application in  multiuser environment.
I am facing problem when more then one user select same data and update
simultaneouly...
What all changes do i have to make in my single user application??
Can i lock data/record??

Thanx & Regards,

Ashish

Muliuser spport

Post by Bj?rn Eliase » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:45:34

I believe you have to change the keys of your multiused tables to
autonumber - there is no easy way you can lock your recordsets while adding
new rows.

Bj?rn

Quote:> I have a single user application developed using VB/MS Access 97/ADODC.
Now
> i want to
> use this single user application in  multiuser environment.
> I am facing problem when more then one user select same data and update
> simultaneouly...
> What all changes do i have to make in my single user application??
> Can i lock data/record??

> Thanx & Regards,

> Ashish

1. Jet Database With muliuser

Help !!!

I cant enable multiuser access to my V.B 5 application using access as a

database. the recordsettype defined as snapshot, but it still keep
saying that
the database is in use. the program use Jetdatabase, and the database
file
(*.mdb) located in NT 4.0 server.
The application works well at single user mode, but if another user is
trying to run it, it says that the database is already in use.

Please HELP !!!

2. maintenance plan and MSDE

3. Muliusers in Database PDX

4. UniVerse Position in Northern NJ

5. Checking for users in a muliuser database

6. Too Many Variables