Interbase performance for 50 on-line users

Interbase performance for 50 on-line users

Post by ma.. » Fri, 03 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Would interbase and Delphi be suitable for a mulit-user app with
50 simultaneous users?

About 40 inter-related tables with thousands rather than 10's of 1000's of
records.

Queries and reports use many tables, in general.

--
Raymond Kennington                | Act in haste and repent at leisure
                                  | Code too soon and debug forever
University of South Australia     | ....Dale and Lily (I think)
Computer and Information Science  | Knobs, knobs everywhere,
Levels                            |        just vary a knob to think!
Pooraka 5095                      | ....Metamagical Themas, Hofsta"dter
South Australia

Post by Nigel Campbe » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: Would interbase and Delphi be suitable for a mulit-user app with
: 50 simultaneous users?

Certainly we have a lot of companies using our tools with InterBase
servers with numbers of users, tables and volumes >= those that
you describe. FYI, quite a few oz universities bought IB and from
us so you could check with them. regards.

--
Nigel Campbell            Voice: (613) 738-1338 ext 3016   P.O. Box 9707,Stn.T
Business Intelligence       FAX: (613) 738-0002            3755 Riverside Dr.

1. Sage Line 50 VBScript Connect

Hi,

I am trying to connect Sage Line 50 to an internal IIS Webserver using
VBScript through the Sage Line 50 ODBC Driver. After a few permissions
problems, I have it all working, the only problem is that when I try
to retrieve a large field (datatype text 16 in sql or memo in access)
it bombs out (Specifically the text field of the invoice_item table).
This field can be retrieved in MS Access with no probs. I have tried
averything, but to no avail.. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I run Sage on an extremely powerful dual processor machine and
it is still fairly slow. Any ideas??

Thanks....

2. COBOL TO PL/SQL

3. Help Needed linking to Sage Line 50 data via ODBC

4. Error after connecting via ODBC

5. Problem: Importing data from Sage Line 50 via DTS kills EM

6. Restoring .DMP files

7. Visual Basic tutorial list - more than 50 free online tutorials

8. DTS Stored Procedures only also copies all objects

9. Sage Line 50 and SQL

10. 32 Bit OBDC For Sage Line 50

11. Problem: Importing data from Sage Line 50 via DTS kills EM

12. Sage Line 50 v5.02 OBDC Driver