Multiple Idapi Help

Post by Greg Forreste » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Please help/guide me.

I have an app in which I wish to keep the IDAPI.CFG file
completely separate from any other config.  How can you
start a prog and point to the appropriate IDAPI.CFG file.

--
Regards
Greg Forrester

Check out my Home Page!

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~statware

Multiple Idapi Help

Post by Leong San Io Francisc » Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Please help/guide me.

> I have an app in which I wish to keep the IDAPI.CFG file
> completely separate from any other config.  How can you
> start a prog and point to the appropriate IDAPI.CFG file.

        I don't know if it works, but have a try. Use WriteProfileString
at the program startup to write your own IDAPI path in WIN.INI before the
BDE starts up. (Check for the apropriate section names, I don't remember
them well)

Francisco Leong

1. BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS idapi BUGS

Following is the test query

tableName | field Name             |
          | CHECK as TO someName   |

Start your Paradox for Windows. Choose Help|About. Press I. Internal
build will be displayed. Then there will be words "lego:" followed
by a date. If that date is from 1994, you are OK. But if you installed
Delphi or latest release of Novel Office or Quatro Pro, that date
might be from 1995. That's the version of IDAPI the BUG is in. Here
is how it goes...

In above query we have used word "TO". It is not a key word. I called
Borland's Tech Support line paying $2/min and they confirmed it's not.

Above query works fine. But if your "lego" date (i.e. IDAPI build) meets
above criteria, you will get an error message saying "AS must be followed
by a name of field in the ANSWER table". Whether you some thing after
TO or not, DOES NOT MATTER.

Called Borland many times about it but the guys there wouldn't believe
me as it works on any copy of Paradox. Finally I asked them to try it
on a machine which had DELPHI installed on it after Paradox and thus
had a "lego:" date of Feb/95. It was confirmed and registered.

regards,
--nasir

2. Error when doing Database Object Transfer as Scheduled Task

3. Help! Multiple idapi.cfg files

4. Re :Solaris Performance

5. IDAPI Problem: Multiple sessions of PXWIN or DELPHI

6. URGENT:: Using Result Set from Stored Procedures Calls

7. IDAPI configuration for multiple users...

8. repeating fields on the web

9. Multiple Idapi files

10. DELPHI IDAPI => PARADOX 5 IDAPI

11. idapi bcb5 versus idapi bc5.01

12. Help with IDAPI error

13. Help: Need IDAPI or ODBS driver for Scalable SQL